Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Second day at St. Judes.

This morning we were up bright and early we left the grizzlies house at 6:30am and walked over to the Clinic were I had to get a PET scan man is it different from Nationwide Children's Hospital the PET scan only took 1:30 Min's and that was only because the tech. messed up on one part of my body. But everything was good then we traveled to the pharmacy and they explained things to me and how it works there. Then we had a break were we ate lunch and hung out went to the gift shop and back to the hotel for a while then we had a meeting with the surgeon where we would find out if I made the trial and if the tumor was removable we arrived at 2pm and waited waited and waited around 3:30pm we went to the desk and a James the nurse came out and explained the surgeon was in surgery still and was sorry he was just backed up. All of our hearts were beating because we all were nervous in the first place and then we had to wait longer. Holly was a nervous wreak. So finally we got in to the room and the surgeon came in and talked with us with about 6 other people. This is the news we received the tumor is removable that amazing news now we are waiting again for information on if the tumor is Osteoscarma we know it is but here at St. Jude's they don't have all the test still from Children's so were waiting on Children's. So right now I am in the trial and we are waiting for the test to be completed. St. Jude's does nothing on weekends or holidays so I might be coming home then back down next week. We don't know anything else, tomorrow we meet with the Social Worker and then I might have a biopsy or I might now its still up in the air. I will blog tomorrow on more information as I receive it. Today was a good day tho with good news thank GOD!

3 comments:

  1. This is good news! im keeping my fingers crossed ! n ur always in my prayers !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure all the waiting is hard for you - yesterday and today. Imagine how we feel 600 miles away from you.

    To use one of Pastor Paul's favorites - 1 Samuel 7:12 "Up to this point the Lord has helped us."

    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Encouraging and up-lifting news. That's exciting!!

    Joy Smith

    ReplyDelete