Saturday, May 30, 2009

Been busy busy busy

I'm sorry it has taken me a while to update this blog but I have been busy and with no computer right now it is kinda hard. I will start out saying last weekend was one of the best weekends I have had in a very very long time. Thursday of last week I went in for the one day chemo treatment then packed up to go camping with Holly's family. We got to the site late and started setting up things I did what I could. Then came Saturday I was so excited for Saturday because that was the day I was going to the race track for the Race For Cancer in Mt. Vernon where I was the Grand Marshall. We got picked up by a racing limo where it took me my dad, step mom Darla, Holly and her parents the the Pacemaker Race Track. It was so exciting I got there and it was like I was the man of the hour I got to go around meet drivers and see there cars. It was better then I could ever image. They treated us like Kings and Queens they all were so nice. I actually got to go down the drag race track with Joy Smith in her racing truck it was unbelievable I felt like I was in a space ship I wanted to do it over and over again while my family was just hoping I didn't get sick : ). They raised money for me so that I could get my crutches this was not expected at all and it was wonderful because it was just enough for me to add to the other donations to get the crutches I am so excited I cant thank them enough for what they did this memories will forever be remembered for a life time to come. Thank you so much for those who were there and those who helped donate not just for me but for the James Cancer Hospital at the Ohio State University there is not enough words in the world that can describe how truly this means to me and other cancer patients and survivors. People like you are the ones who will help find a cure for cancer one day and everyday I hope that day comes closer!! There is a website that you can visit for some pictures the Race For Cancer day at the track: http://www.pacemakersdragway.com/
After that exciting day we just enjoyed the last days of camping. Monday we came back from camping went to a family cookout and caught a movie. This past week has been good I have been feeling 100% I went for Chemo on Tuesday and then again Friday and it went good and has not slowed me down. I got my appointment made for the new leg place where I will be getting fitted for my new crutches this Tuesday WOO RAH!
Upcoming Events!!!! On June 12th and 13th there is a garage sale that will be at my house 348 N. Murray Hill Road Columbus Oh 43228. There is also a Car wash in the works I believe we are shooting for the 20th of June so mark your calendars and come get your car washed by this bald kid.

Please continue to pray for the kids on J5 and there families.
Joe

4 comments:

  1. We are very happy you had fun. We had a lot of fun having you there. I hope you are able to come out to pacemakers some this summer with your family and friends. If you are heading out this way get a hold of me. We are having another race on October 10th tell everybody you know to put it on their calender!!Stay strong man you have a lot of new friends in this area.If you need anything let us know!!
    CB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey- we are so happy that you had a good time. Great job on the blog, everyone has been asking about you. I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling good. We have a great picture for you that I just got today, it's like a collage of about six pictures of you at the race- It's awesome! Tell Holly thanks for the book on Sunday- I'm almost done with it (Dad doesn't get it!). We love you and Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all thinking of you Joey. Be strong. We wish you the best!
    Butcher Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck today Joey. Everybody is thinking about you.
    Butcher Family
    & Donley Ford

    ReplyDelete